My name is Jeremy Soumokil and I work as freelance Java developer. I enjoy writing self-describing code that lends itself to be extended and is easily tested. This just leads to qualitative and reliable software. With a strong background on architectural principles and hands-on Java delivery experience, I believe I know to address the right problems and apply the right technologies.My professional career started as part-time developer on secondment basis during my studies. After receiving a Master’s degree on Computer Science with specialization on Technical Artificial Intelligence and a publication on AAMAS, I joined a technology consulting firm as software developer to learn about the market and the needs of the industry. I took the opportunity to achieve VMWare Spring and Oracle Java development certifications and further developed my skills in heathcare, utilities and telecommunications. My strengths are in software architecture and programming design, networks and communication protocols, exposure to dynamics in organisations, and understanding the stages of the software development lifecycle and their needs. I continued doing the things that I learned and like, and eventually started my own company.
With ApiRapi, I aim to be recognized as that knowledgeable team player who you safely trust that complex issue to and who can safely bring those feature all the way to production. The name was conceived as a concatenation of the acronym API, that describes how applications interact with eachother, and the word Rapid, with the last letter ‘under construction’. On the other hand, the name also symbolizes the passion and reliability in my work by its Indonesian translation, “orderly fire”. And finally, ApiRapi is also an imaginary Dutch compound word that brings to mind a monkey that picks up things. It’s so worth it to keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
Consciously or not, we challenge ourselves to find the balance between different things or aspects we care about. One such example is time and quality. Businesses ideally want to receive the products yesterday and preferably have them last for a lifetime. As a T-shaped professional, I hope to bring that balance with a broad set of services around the software development lifecycle in order to “deliver it for tomorrow”.
November 2016 – Now
Software Architect / Senior Java Developer
Providing software development services around software design, implementation, team leadership, training & coaching and process support around the software development lifecycle.
03/2017 – 03/2019
• Senior developer in a Scrum team responsible for development, infrastructure and releases of the gateway between end-users (web + apps) and the telecom provider BSS. The gateway implements custom authentication, authorization, caching, security, monitoring and services that operate on client and product data. Technologies: Spring Boot, Redis, SOAP, REST, Swagger, SQL, jOOQ, Flyway, Mockito, Robot framework, OWASP, 2FA, Cookies, CSRF, JWT, Docker, Continuous delivery.
July 2010 – October 2016
Software Development Consultant
Software Developer in Accenture’s Emerging Technology Delivery capability. Also active as career counselor, internship supervisor, supporting capability development initiatives, evaluating and interviewing candidates.
12/2013 – 10/2016
• Development lead & architect of a service assurance application that provides status, remote operation and analytics, based on real-time data aggregation from multiple data sources related to CPE metrics, network interfaces, DOCSIS, WiFi, connected devices and telephony. The application operates on a footprint of >4mln CPEs and is delivered with a combination of on-shore and off-shore developers. Technologies: OSGi, Spring, ServiceMix, Camel, GWT, SOAP, REST, SNMP, TR-069, HighCharts, ElasticSearch
09/2013 – 12/2013
11/2012 – 09/2013
• Team lead for the development of a real-time video, voice and network service reporting framework for the Network Operations Center. Technologies: OSGi, CXF, Spring, ServiceMix, SQL, MongoDB, GWT.
07/2012 – 11/2012
• Proof-of-concept developer to assess application features based on second screen concepts. Technologies: HTML5, PHP, WebSockets, Encryption, Authentication.
05/2012 – 07/2012
• Performance tester of a meta-data video delivery platform and CDN, based on JMeter test automation and performance monitoring. Responsible for driving weekly troubleshooting sessions.
09/2011 – 05/2012
• Developer of a second screen TV application serviced through a virtualized and cloud-based over-the-top video delivery platform. Technologies: HTML5, ExtJS, VMWare vSphere, JMeter, DTV platforms
08/2011 – 09/2011
• End-to-end tester of a new VoIP service for smart-phones running on Android and iOS, responsible for orchestrating vendors and coaching testers.
03/2011 – 07/2011
• Developer in a Scrum team delivering technical designs and development for a new collateral management system driven by the European Central Bank. Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, JUnit, JMS
10/2010 – 03/2011
• Developer in the BSS domain of a cable provider. Affected components are business critical and interface with billing systems, SAP, CRM and third party banks. Technologies: Java, JSP, Kornshell, SQL
08/2010 – 10/2010
• Developer on a workforce management and optimization tool (ClickSchedule), building additional user interface add-ins, handling XML messages, and data representation through Microsoft Excel sheets.
07/2010 – 08/2010
• Developer of client-identification and order-intake functionality of multiple different legacy applications. The application is built using the Corizon platform, which uses Python to describe interactions with the legacy applications and Mashup pages as presentation layer.
January 2007 – June 2010
Medewerker Operator Group Delft (Detachering)
Operator Group Delft (OGD), Delft
Februari 2009 – Augustus 2009
Design + implementation of a Theory of Mind Agent-architecture. Technologies: C++, UnrealEngine3.